The Stoves Testing Center – CPC offers services in different áreas:
- Evaluation and certification of improved stoves: fixed, portable, with and without chimney; institutional stoves and box-type solar cookers ( under IWA / ISO and local standards).
- Computational applications for modeling and simulation of heat transfer in energy optimization for improved stoves.
- Advice for implementation of improved stoves testing laboratories and quality control systems.
- Advice on developing of national standards for evaluation and certification of improved stoves.
- Development of theoretical / practical workshops for staff training in testing protocols.
- Field studies for baseline and fuels consumption under programs for disseminate improved stoves (KPT).
- Determination of emission factors and field studies for projects that reduce CO2 emissions (Gold Standard).
The Stoves Testing Center has been working with some national and international projects:
- Technical support to SENCICO laboratory staff, Lima,Peru.
- Advice to Ministry of Energy and Mines of Nicaragua for the development of national standards and implementation of testing stoves laboratory.
- Support to Bolivian technical commitee for approval of the national standard NB 83001.
- Support for development of a technical standard for evaluating plancha stoves in Honduras.